R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 4PK Super R
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Pittster
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 4PKS-R and FrSky TFR4 Question

Question for the Futaba Guru's.

I recently picked up a 4PKS-R, it came with the standard R614FS rx which I installed in my 4wd, but I needed 2 more for receivers for my 2wd and ST.

So I bought 2x TFR4's the specs are below I have them configured in C1 Mode and High Speed as I have Digital Savox servos

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ompatible.html

So my issue is as per below:

I installed both TFR4's into the 2wd and ST

Setup Model 2 (M2) on my Tx for the 2wd and did the binding process (Turn on Rx hold button on Rx while turning on Tx Light then goes Green)

This worked fine then repeated the process for the ST which is set for Model 3 (M3) on the Tx

My issue is if I leave the 2wd and and ST both on (ESC on powering the Rx on) and change between Model 2 or 3, both Rx's connect to the the Tx irrelevant of which model is selected thus controlling 2 cars at once.

Now this would only be an issue if after a 2wd race i forget to turn the 2wd off and turn the ST on as both cars with connect and anything I do on the Tx will control both.

So question, is this a C1 Mode futaba issue of the TFR4 ?? is there a way to stop either Rx connecting to either Model memory?

Also I have rebound them used different memory's in the Tx turned the TX off and on etc.

This issues does not occur going between M1 (C2 Mode) and M2 and M3 it only occurs on the TFR4's which are C1 Mode.

In sanwa controller's they have something called a separate protection channel which stop exactly what I have occurring but cannot find anything in the Futaba manual that can do the same.

Really appreciate and feedback