Thread: HPI RS4 Sport 3
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 04:47 AM
SagadSetup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Billy Kelly;14239612]
Originally Posted by SagadSetup
That is a good sign. HPI may be responding positively to customer's feedback. As for the upgrades, I would give it a bit more time for the car to "gel" in the market. I won't be surprised if there will be third parties who will come out with upgrade parts for the Sport 3 later on.

My basis for that is the sprint 2. 3Racing, Yeah Racing, and even Exotek came out with upgrade parts for the car.

With the volume of problems, Hpi didn't really have any choice but to assist owners. Time will tell if they actually address the issues or continue selling it with the known problems. Who knows how many are already boxed and ready to ship.
As for the aftermarket supporting it. I just don't know. I've been disappointed by that part of hobby over past few years. Any of the tire companies could have jumped 3 years with tires for the WR8 when Hpi was on a 9 month back order. And no company has yet to offer tires for it now, 3years later. And tires again are in limited suppy.
I'm not saying that nobody will makes stuff for the Sport3. But by time they do, car could be a dead model.
Yes time will tell.

Dead model? I hope not and I don't think so. Again my basis is the Sprint 2. It was around for a couple of years and is still around now. Tower Hobbies still has then for sale.