R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)
Old 10-26-2015, 12:37 PM
irvinew
Tech Adept

So I ordered some extra misc parts from the Lt Wt Arm kit for the 6.2. I noticed the new rod ends supplied that works with the roll bar are slightly different than the old set. I had to mill the face down a bit since they were really tight.

I don't know what size that ball stud is that comes molded right into the arm but they are a slightly larger size than a standard AE one. Somehow unbelievably in a crash one popped off and just to satisfy my compulsive behaviour I switched the 3 remaining old looking ones for the new rod ends that I had to mod slightly.

My question is this; If I did lose another and I wanted a homgenous looking car; can't I buy those rod ends used in an Xray roll bar system? I believe the size of your system and xray is similar. I believe rod end + ball stud + rod end (on the bar iteself) is around 26mm. I believe the part number is #302663

What have people done in the past; the reason I bought some more parts is so If I did lose one I am still in the race. But now the rod ends are now different; so much for that plan.