View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 12:38 PM

bash bros
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeromerc View Post
I got my first X5 Race engine from Monty with a filled crank and I have to say it is a beast. We have an insane straight away that you can stay full throttle for over 5 seconds then another 4 to 5 seconds and another 4 seconds but if you are good you can go into those corners holding speed and stay into the throttle easily. We have alot of speeds here Reds and alpha engines. Last weekend I kept having to let off so I didn't run into the back of the speeds (one is a tessman edition) an R7 and two dragons. My x5 race is no joke on top end, and low end running a 2096 021 combo, watching the video you can see where I had to let out or rear end them. The track is so rocky and rutted up there is only one line, if you get out of the line you can end up off the track or look like you just hit a jump on the back straight. So driving around on the back is impossible but every time we hit the corner and the track smoothed out I would walk around them like nothing and then running my hole shots they were done. Baddest engine I have ran in a buggy yet. Made my bonitto look like a rtr losi engine.... I also have a x5L and a X7 both are also awesome but haven't ran them in buggy only truggy.
The x5race is really nothing special though. It's basically a Clio or an Elite 5 without a turbo crank. I don't know how much difference a filled crank makes, but I have a stock x5r and it doesn't do anything a p5xlt or elite 5 can't.

Last edited by bash bros; 10-22-2015 at 12:51 PM.