R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 10-21-2015, 08:44 PM
BrandonBreh
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johndriver
Hi

I just got a slightly used B5m and with it came a Reedy Sonic motor. The seller told me that it had a different rotor in it that was for 1s batteries. In a container he had the one for 2s.
I began to change them and found that the supposed 2s rotor does not fit either the bearings at each end of the motor.

I went on to Associated's site and there are many different rotors but no information on them.

The rotor that fits has written on it: Reedy Sonic s12.3 x 25.0. On the flat part of the shaft is the Associated id number for the rotor on the site which is 955.

Can anyone explain what is going on here?
Thanks, in advance.
John
I don't quite understand the situation you are in, but i can give u some insight on the 1s 2s deal.

Reedy's new 17.5 and 13.5 mach 3 motors come in a normal version and a "1s" version or as some call it a "short stack". The short stack or 1s version was meant for pan car racing with 1s batteries but have proved to be an amazing motor in 17.5 buggy. Now, i always thought the short stack just had a shorter stator. Someone else can shine some light on exactly what it is and maybe what rotor you need to be using.