R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Change carpet onroad in the U.S.?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 08:53 AM
scirocco14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64
A real solution to all of the arguments/solutions, is in the hands of the Track Owners.

They can come up with a core group of classes, that anyone, from anywhere in the country, can walk in and be able to race.
Actually quite simple. Just have an "open on-road" class. Any on-road chassis, any motor/esc, any tire, any body. No rules. Make it for newbies only, no experienced guys allowed (because they'll take the fun out of it in about 12 minutes). Put a limit of one year allowed in the class or "X" number of wins and they have to pick an organized class to run in.

This way ANYONE can bring a car to the track and have fun. They can learn the ins & outs of RC car racing at a no-stress level and race against other newbies. Once they see the other classes, they'll gravitate towards what appeals to them. No need to pigeon-hole them into a class from the start, before they even know if or what they like.

I wish this existed when I started a couple of years ago. It was intimidating as hell to be on track with Snowbirds A-main guys on my first day of RC racing. Luckily for me, they were all really nice about all the chaos I was causing, I've heard horror stories about 'pro' drivers abusing rookies at other tracks.

Just some thoughts.

Mark