R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D8 Truggy
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 07:40 AM
ropalmer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ran into my first set of issues in the last year and a half with my D8T Tessmann edition.
Race conditions were - Indoor Motocross Park converted to an RC track. It's called the MotoDome and it's near Staples/Motley MN. - Ambient temps were between 30 and 50 degrees ferinheit - mixture of dirt and clay I assume.

Here was the issue:

Using the following equipment - Protek 170S Chad Bradley Servos (near new) (throttle and steering), LRP Lipo 2700 receiver pack (near new and fully balance charged), Futaba 4PX (Near new) and RX that comes with it (R304SB), KO Switch (might be the issue)...

Before my Qual Rounds I would start by heating my engine with a Comp heater for approximately 15 mins.

Go down start the motor on the box and run for 10 minutes.

Warm up for 5 minutes before qual round starts...

Refuel.

Start qual round.

Maybe 1 or 2 minutes into qual round - no throttle or breaks... or it would go to full lock.

end qual dnf

----

Next qual round I tried - replacing the RX, rebind, removed switch, replaced rx battery with semi old back up...

Same or similar result... loss of throttle... however steering still functioned fine...

---

So in Two of 3 quals I completely lost throttle break...

---
I am going to send the servo in - in hopes that was the problem..... but what might I be over looking?

Heat issue... Maybe?