R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 03:07 PM
LIVipers
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Q

Originally Posted by eper
if you noticed at worlds the rear suspension pivot mounts where a different width this is because sideways battery needs different geometry to work its best. myself and many other kyosho entusiasts have found that the car is most happy with inline. it keeps the car agile and if you ask me it doesnt jump like a dead fish. thats my opinion anyway. just because it works on one manufacturers car doesnt mean its for every car. i know that tebo runs his car with the sideways pack but im sure he has made other changes to the rear and maybe even the front of the car to change his roll centers and such..anyway thats my opinion and thats how i like my buggy. not hacked up
In the northeast, a large portion of people running the RB6 do so with a sideways battery. I have found the car a lot easier to rip on with the battery sideways. Sure, a few small changes are needed in order for the car to work at its full potential, but it isn't anything that's over the top. Again, each person is entitled to their opinion and what best suits their driving style.

As far as the rear hangars go, chances are they were a 1-off setup piece because of the unusual surface on which they were racing. Also, taking into consideration the fact Tebo wasn't even running a commercially available car, it's hard to make the claim that the suspension pivots were for the sideways battery vs the fact they were racing on a living room rug lol