R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 10-14-2015, 03:38 PM
ShadowAu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 21.5 vs 25.5

My biggest issue with motors is the performance level that some manufacturers are getting out of 21.5's and I think that is why some are looking at going to 25.5 to bring F1 back to where they envisaged it.

At a recent event I attended (and I am comparing touring cars as they were the only classes running multiple levels of motors) the fastest 21.5 cars would've sat in the middle of the A main in the 13.5 class. Now IMO that is simply too fast but that's not the debate - but strap those same motors into a lightweight F1 car on a lowish-grip track (and lets face it, most outdoor tracks have to be considered low grip these days) and I can see why some people see an issue there and want to find a way to bring the cars back to the performance they envisage an F1 class having and where it fits into their club class structure etc.

The ultimate issue is there will always be people who want to go faster and people who don't and they are never gonna agree