View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 01:22 PM

rcgod
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayCrash450 View Post
Hey guys. Had a chance to run my truck for the first time last night. Runs great and is much more forgiving than my sc10 4x4.

I run on a indoor clay track, medium to semi high grip. Medium track size. The track is OCRC in Huntington Beach.

I am trying to tune this truck in to my liking. Right now I am running the stock setup. The rear end feels a bit loose coming out of corners. Too much oversteer on power. I had moved the rear shock in completely on the tower and out on the a arm. This definitely made the rear end feel a little more dead and lessened the tendency for the truck to want to come around. I tried to lower the roll center and a slightly longer rear link but I didn't help, probably was a little worse so I went back.

Where should I go from here? I was thinking heavier oil all the way around (35 front, 30 rear). Or should I look at diff fluid? I figure I should start at the rear end and make adjustments there to try and lock it down the best I can. After I get it the best I can on the rear end, I think the approach will be to take away some steering from the front. Heavier sway bar up front, different shock position, etc. to try and balance the car better. I really love the amount of steering it has right now though. I love being able to turn under those losi's at a moments notice.

Am I on the right track? Any help is much appreciated!
http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...Lewis_SDRC.pdf