R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)
Old 10-13-2015, 09:52 AM
LloydLoar
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I am waiting for the new TOP F1 kits to arrive before I start racing that class again, but my input is that for this season we should stick with the 21.5 rule that has been in place for a long time (and is used by ETS in one of the largest F1 series in the world, albeit with a handout motor). ROAR has no approved 25.5 motors, that I am aware of, which means we can't just rely on a ROAR approval list, and then the rules being used in the Midwest are too tech-intensive for us to reliably follow. Additionally, the rules are so restrictive that you are tied to only a couple of motor options, which I personally don't think is great for the class.

We can always change in the future when the 25.5 thing is a little more concrete and stable, but right now I would be worried that there is still too much debate to merit going all in.

As Nate mentioned I think the VTA discussion is more concrete, as that class has a fairly stable set of rules that have been around for awhile. I think the only exception (in addition to the driver figure item that Nate mentioned) is that we will likely not enforce the battery mAh rule. I think there could be some discussion about allowing other 25.5 motors, but we would once again fall into the same trap as the F1 discussion - there is no ROAR approved 25.5 list.

I know I am planning on racing this Sunday the 18th - if others are planning on attending we can try to have this discussion then?

Last edited by LloydLoar; 10-13-2015 at 10:02 AM.