R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sanwa/Airtronics M12S
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 08:24 AM
ezlight
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GIHOSU
Uh huh, a few after finally getting some track time.

I am switching from a KO Propo EX-10 and an old spectrum module along with SR300s in all my 1/10 offroad racers. After missing my club races for the last 2 weeks I made it to the track last night late but in time for the 2nd and last round of qualifying to run my SCs. So I set up my pit and put the new Rx in my SC6 17.5 and thanks the hardest working man in RC (Go Steve!!!!) it turned out that Rx didn’t need to bind. It recognized the Rx and he quickly did a rough set on the steering subtrim and I ran it as it was set in the box.

I put it on the track for 2WD Mod SC and made it go dead straight and got ready to qualify. It took a 1 lap for my mind to cope with the big decrease in response time and how I had to adjust to being so very connected to the truck.

I was pretty good with car placement with the KO but the M12S was much better at keeping me where I wanted to be for turns and jumps. It made me relax and think much more about my line. I felt ready when my Main came up and had a good start and a great battle with another guy. I had to trail and wait for passing opportunities and when they came up it was done and I made it stick.

The best feeling for me was how it made my truck so much easier to fly through the air. I used every setting trick in the KO book to make things better and out of the box the M12S was night and day better. If you are like me and got your money’s worth out of an old pro Tx this is the way to go. Airtronics is faster than Futaba and no one else is even close. Now I am ready to spend 3 times the money on each Rx compared to what I had. After just scratching the surface I can’t wait to get in deeper.

Who else has something to report?
Have you ran anything else for TX? I'm currently running a dx4r pro, love to hear someone else that has switched from the 4R to the m12s. Someone that isn't raving about their latest and greatest purchase, but someone that can be 100% objective and can actually tell if there is a difference. Not discounting you at all, so don't be offended. Just curious about a back to back comparison from what I have to this.

I just don't know if a different radio is a worthy purchase for me, since I'm still fairly new to the game.