R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mamba Monster X "MMX" and 1515 powered Summit!
Old 10-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Badmunky
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wilsonj1018
Did you ever get around to checking out the torque limiting?
So I got a test run in today with torque limiting set to 6.1.
Works great! I like this much better then punch control.

Its kind of like punch control, but it dose not end and allow the power to suddenly ramp up like punch control dose. And it feels much smoother to.

I backed it down to 5.8 after my first test run. I think 6.1 was a little to high. Had no problems getting the front end off the ground, but it would flip over backwards really easy.

I also changed the throttle mapping, made it a bit smoother at low speeds.

I changed my drag braking from 10% to 17%. That is WAY to much.
I decided I don't really like the drag brake that much so I backed it down to 1%.

I also changed the baking from 60% (WAY WAY to high by the way.) And just dropped it to 35%. I think this may still be to high. But I want to test it and go from there.

Question, is there a way to remove the delay when you go from braking, to revers?
Some times it makes me wait a second or more after I stop before it will let me back up?

I also made few small changes to the suspension today to improve its ability to handle the new power.
I added a little preload to the springs, (About an 1/8" in the rear, 1/16" in the front.) and moved the push rods to the outer holes on the control arms. I'm sure this will reduce its ability to crawl a little. But it was needed to make it better able to handle bumps at the speeds it can now reach. I was smacking the rear skid on the ground a lot under power. And it would kick the back end up, and even make it front flip at times if it hit real hard.

I also trimmed and lowered the body 2 holes. Not needed really, but it will make it handle a little better.
Last I resurfaced the slipper clutch with some 600 grit, and reinstalled it. I also set it a little tighter. It was slipping all the time under full throttle unless I rolled the throttle on real smooth.

I plan to test run it some more tomorrow and will report back.

Also in other news my running buddy loved how much power my truck as now. He was also vary impressed with how it behaved, and how much run time I was getting out of it.

So much so that he is ordering an MMX, 1515 system for his Summit!!!!!
He also ordered a set of SMC 9000mah 2S lipos. I have there older 9,400mah 2S lipos, and that's really the only pack I run in this truck and more.

I ordered a set of the 5,600mah 3S lipos my self. And no they will not be going in this truck. I see no point to putting them in this truck. It already has more power then I need.

They are going to power my Yeti XL.

More updates to come.

I will get some vids up as soon as I am done with the ESC adjustments.