R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2015/2016 WCICS Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Korgae
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wil02
I did not say the RD has the ability to decide if points are counted or not.

Here is my issue with the situation. A racer that qualified for the A main at that race could not participate in the A main. As the WCICS rule states, If a racer has qualified for a main, but does not start that main, he is awarded last place. If more than one racer does not start the main, they are awarded last place points based on their qualifying standings. So by someone bumping themselves up from the B to the A and finishing the A main, he is finishing ahead of the guy who couldn't start the main, throwing the points. My question is, how is this fair to the guy who couldn't start and qualified ahead of Mr. Bump?

As participating racers in a series that, myself included, a lot of people enjoy following, issues like these should be discussed openly.

Im saying this with peace and love.

If we are talking about the same racer, ( that volunteered to remove himself from the event as he needed to travel home) then this is a separate issue that has also been revisited behind the scenes as it came to light during my investigation of the events. Infact a nice side note to this is that it was 1st pointed out by a WCICS rep that is in a different province then the racer above mentioned I would have expected the question from his clubs rep.

Basically this racer asked to be removed from the event after qualifying was complete and he did not feel he could commit to enough races to worry about points. The Host club and RD removed him from the event and the mains listing. When we started the review we discovered and corrected this according to WCICS rules. We will apply the points to this racer for last place in his main with a 'DNS" As per the scoring rule set.

Basically if you qualify and do not receive a disqualification from the event or series then you will be scored points. Plain & simple. ( * As long as the class meets the min required amount to score points )

Behind the scenes there is lot's of good communication between reps/exe's in form of emails and phone conversations. This was the point I was trying to make to Ivan, I simply do not have the time to address these loaded questions that leads to more questions. When a problem comes to light it is much easier and transparent for me to investigate and write a report that is then sent out to all of the reps to communicate directly with their clubs and or members face to face.