R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D815 Tessmann Worlds Edition
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 12:26 AM
My ST-RR EVO
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gavel
Did you like the ceramics? or not worth the effort. I've always been curious and wanted to try but its an expensive thing to try.
Ceramics do spin smoother. They are slightly lighter. At the time I was running them, which was about a year ago, another racer who was better than I and who drove the same car with the same set up and club raced weekly was still faster without ceramics. I want to say about .7 to 1 second faster a lap. That made me realize driving skill is vastly more important than a tricked out car. Another friend's box stock MP9 (same car, kit bearings) performed the same on track as mine. Ceramics are not a one time only purchase either. Sooner or later they will get gritty or the inner race will get wobbly or one of the balls will spilt and they are a lot more expensive to replace than a kit bearing. So for those three reasons, they're not worth it for me anymore. If money was no object, I would run them just in case I could get any time no matter how slight, out of them or maybe more mileage.