R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D815 Tessmann Worlds Edition
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 11:35 PM
HomicidalBunny
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
This was in the D812 thread a long time ago. I replace pins quite often. I bought these and have been using them for probably a couple of months. They are every bit as good as the Mugen pins in terms of wear, fit etc. There is a deeper taper on one side, but it doesn't affect anything in terms of performance or wear on out drives. For whatever reason they shipped them 2 day in an unnecessarily large box, so shipping was as much as the product. When you buy online there are no shipping options to choose from. It just says they'll add shipping or something like that. If you order, I'd call and see if there is another option. Even with shipping, they're still cheaper LoL
Just a heads up to people outside of America, I sent the guys at McMaster-Carr a message to ask how much it would cost to ship to me, and they will only ship internationally if you have an established connection with them (i.e. you are a company and buy from them) because of the cost of complying with US export regulations.

Excerpt from email:

"Thank you for considering McMaster-Carr for your purchase, but we decline to bid.

Due to the cost of complying with extensive US export regulations, McMaster-Carr accepts international purchases only from our established international customers.

--Signed"

Bit of a shame if you ask me, but I'm sure there are other options available.

EDIT: Looks like Fastenal can ship internationally, and carry the same sizes of dowel pins. Not as cheap though.

Last edited by HomicidalBunny; 10-04-2015 at 11:48 PM.