R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 14th Annual Race Against Cancer Sept 10-13, 2015 - McCullough's Raceway - Sarver, PA
Old 10-04-2015, 07:42 AM
scrapsz
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Thank you to everyone who attended the 14th Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer at McCullough's Off Road Racing in Sarver, PA. Unfortunately the weather hit us pretty hard and we lost quite a bit of track time. That said we still managed 209 entries raising $20,000.00 for the American Cancer Society. Congratulations to all of the race winners and to those who took home some awesome prizes.

I'd like to personally thank everyone who helped us leading up to and during the race weekend. It takes considerable effort to make this event happen and all the work is done by volunteers. Thank you Doug McCullough and Barb Rakarich, I could not do this without your dedication and hard work. Also a shout out to Donna Zukas from the American Cancer Society and her Relay for Life team for their food booth. The pulled pork...just wow!

I would also like to extend a huge thank you to all of our sponsors. which this year exceed 50 in total. The product raffle was simply awesome and this year we received more corporate & individual cash donations than any prior year. Please take a look at our Facebook page and support the companies who support our cause. When you correspond with any of them please say thanks for supporting the Race Against Cancer. Without their amazing support our race would be merely a fraction of what it has become today.

In closing, please remember those lost as well as those battling cancer in your thoughts and prayers. The stories from many of our sponsors and racers about their loved ones and even themselves and the battle were more this year than any other year before. We hold this event for them and it drives us to support them by attending this event to make a difference.
Racing for a cause...racing for a cure!