R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 06:06 PM
13Maschine
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
It's all good,
If you're fairly well versed from the heli side of LiPos, you'd probably be ok. Most new LiPos out now can handle a 10-15a charge rate from what I've seen. So charging at a 2c rate should be doable without too much trouble if you'd like to do that. Dirt oval,guys have been doing the high charge rates for a while and they seem to have something figured out. I saw a vid from right after the on road Nats where they took the same car, same driver, same track, and only charged the charging amps (1c, 5-6a, and a 40a rate) and found some interesting results.

If unsure, don't do it, and if your fairly comfortable with the thought, use caution and keep an eye on your stuff
Not to hijack the thread into conversations about batteries but I have been charging at 30A for quite a few months now. I have been testing this using my iCharger Duo308 and I always balance charge. Not balancing seems to cause the most trouble. My batteries don't get hot, they get slightly warm. I have tested somewhat lower rates like 20 and 25 amp and I haven't noticed much difference. I need to do more testing.