R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fuel question
Thread: Fuel question
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Rodl
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER
I personally know racers that run that fuel and have for years and swear by it. They have not had problems like you describe. It sounds like you ran that engine with a different fuel. Did you re-tune it when you switched fuels? It sounds like a tune issue to me. Has the engine ran good "ever" on the current fuel? What did you do to the engine when you switched fuels?

Also, on a side note, you should not be running the engine dry when you are done for the day. This removes the oil the fuel leaves behind which keeps the internals lubed/protected while sitting. It took me years to understand this and come to the conclusion that my corrosion problems were from running it dry.
I broke the engine in with this fuel and it only has around 10 tanks through it so far. I use a heat gun when I can to preheat the engine. When at any time when the engine has been running, and a good tune, I have no problems shutting it down and being able to restart again. Never switched fuel.

When I am done running, I run it until it is completely out of fuel. As for storing it after usage, I always use a quality after run to help with moisture and such.

Priming and getting running, and through the bogging seems to be the problem.