R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 10:45 AM
R Dodge
Suspended

Originally Posted by RioImmagina
Is there any parts that need to be bought together with the kit? Some unavoidable spares?
What kind of wheels? Foam?
So Daniel hit on some things that you should look into. Arms don't really break much. C-hubs and steering blocks are usually the only thing that break and that is generally not a common issue. The c-hubs come in the kit as medium, though you may want to consider getting hards as they are a little more durable. The steering blocks are already hard in the kit but some extras of those are good to have.

The only hop-up I'd really recommend are the ECS. I prefer Xray because they don't force you to use a 3mm wide bearing like some of the aftermarket options do. IMO the 3mm bearing fails too quickly, so I feel the Xray ECS is less maintenance. However, the Xray ECS is generally 2x the cost of aftermarket options which is 1 huge selling point for the aftermarket versions.

You may also consider picking up some of the optional springs (comes with 2.5 front and rear) and the graphite arms. The car can be competitive on any surface with these options.

Regarding tires, I would imagine that would be determined by what your track/club runs. Most likely a rubber tire and they may spec a specific brand & compound.