R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - motor "chattering" problem , help
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 09:46 AM
seeleymattress
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by spookie
I've done it, with a sensored Turnigy Trackstar and HW esc, worked fine. I did discuss it with someone here beforehand and they said the motor just defaults back to -0- timing without the esc timing input. I would say there is something wrong with that esc. I also have a LRP 17.5 sensored motor here that runs fine on a Mamba Max esc without sensor. I would guess the esc mosfets are damaged. They are the "timing" of the esc. They switch the fields in the motor windings to start the motor and keep it running.
i just dropped in a new traxxas vel motor and it rips around like normal.....so it cant be the esc.......with the sensored smc 8.5t.....if you lift the truck off the ground and throttle , the wheels spin just fine , ballon out at high rpm etc.....its just when you put it on the ground its starts chattering , im wondering if the low turn of the motor , and the higher torque needed for the 4x4 are the cause...........its does not like this motor for what ever reason.............maybe the motor is higher that 3500kv , thats the limit of the vxl-3s esc...........motor or packaging does not spec out kv