R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Remote Control Cars Ten Years From Now
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 01:11 PM
silden
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fox88gt
Forgive me if I am taking the thread a little bit off topic, but some of my thoughts are mostly about how RC racing will be different in ten years. Most of us are racers in this forum, so here are my ideas.

1) Interactive timing/scoring - Imagine having the heat sheets, lap times, race schedules, and live timing/scoring arriving directly on your smart phone during a race day.

2) Sector times - Instead of having one timing loop in the track, having 3 loops/sectors with times given.

3)Regenerative braking - Like a hybrid street car or current F1/WEC race car, capture the braking energy going into a corner, store it in a capacitor, and use it on corner exit.

And one final thought:

4) Ban corner marshalling. Think of how much better the driving standards would be if there weren't corner marshalls on track. Crash your car? Too bad, better luck next time. And before you say "Thats impossible" remember that RC boat racers have never, ever had corner marshalls, and they don't complain. If a boat crashes, stalls, or flips on the course, the contest director calls the location of the dead boat and the other drivers are expected to deal with it. And it works!

Certainly the motor/battery/radio technology will evolve, but I think the hobby will embrace new technology and make the RC racing hobby better as a whole. There were some very interesting thoughts listed previously about future car tech that are very exciting.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
I agree with point 1 to 3, but point 4:
I can't really see how this will work out, because the RC tracks mostly not wide enough to support this and further more this practice is used in some of the full scale racing too.