R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Futaba 4PXR
Thread: New Futaba 4PXR
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think its a marketing ploy to try and draw more sales from racers due to the fact most are running for the M12s.
If the modulation speed and trigger feel hasn't been addressed I can't even understand what this R release is even about really...

I personally have always been a huge Futaba fan, but that has always been based on their Air radios I have used for the last 23 years. It's not really disputed that Futaba is the king of the air world with very fine and highly finessed feel of quality and of course link stability. But I am sorta saddened to say I don't see the same amount of dedication much less domination in the ground realm that I love about the flight transmitters outside of similar the link quality.
I absolutely despise spektrum and their terrible link, range and brown out issues of the past. Not to mention they just look cheap and gaudy. But the other day I was offered to try a friend's SC truck out and had to use one since that is what he has installed. I was shocked and disappointed at the same time that his spektrum honestly felt better in my hand than my futaba 4PLS.
Some serious things need to happen before they are going to win me over like they have with the air equipment.

One of the most obvious changes that needs to be made by all radio companies in my opinion is wheel size tune-ability. Not real hard to offer difference sized foams and filler rings to change out. And end point adjustments should be available as physical adaptations as well. This could be done with a simple gear reduction system with swap-out pinions, both for the wheel and trigger.
Doing this the physical way I described would eliminate any noticed digital resolution changes by avoiding loss of linear travel across a sensor and would truly allow for user defined feel like no one has seen to date. The effect would be superior to that of anything else done.

FUTABA! Are you listening? Let me design your stuff!

Last edited by Josh L; 09-26-2015 at 10:45 PM.