R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 09-25-2015, 05:40 PM
scirocco14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Apparently the powers that be feel 21.5 is too much motor for the average racer to handle in an F1 car and that has discouraged that average racer from participating.

I know the intention is good and those same powers that be absolutely love F1 cars and really want the class to grow.
It looks as though it has a good chance to do just that with TQ Raceway and Tamiya's TCS races already agreeing to make the change.

Looks like we'll have to see how that works out.

Personally I'd like to see 200mm F1 cars on foams with unlimited motors, choose wisely Grasshopper.
Maybe F1 cars aren't for the "average" racer? I say stick with 21.5 motors. If they're too much for some people, then turn the throttle EPA down to about 80%, making them the equivalent of a 25.5 motor. As they get better, they can turn it up. Doesn't cost a dime to adjust the radio settings.

Agreed on the "ROAR" 25.5 motor bit, there is no ROAR approved 25.5 list. Unless they spec a motor (like USVTA), there'll be motor wars. Note that ROAR "VTA" is non-existent around the country, USVTA is dominant partly because of the motor parity.

And don't get me started on 1S 13.5 motor rules. If THAT happens, I'll just shelve my F1 cars and use the 2S 21.5 motors and escs for USGT.

Leave F1 alone!!!

Just my humble opinions of course.

Mark