R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 01:21 PM
CristianTabush
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
They did away with the anti-roll bar because they went to a spring on each arm. If you use a single centralized spring then you would still need a roll bar. Running the spring inside the damper tube would be the same as a single centralized spring.
Seeing as I have recently run the car with a single centralized spring I can assure you, to get around the track quickly this is not the case. It is very seldom when the suspension is moving in unison to the point that it can lose damping or spring, however the chassis roll is a bit excessive. This definitely can be improved with a sway bar, but is it 100% necessary? Not sure. With the right chassis shape and arm length, maybe not...

With that, As I wrote above, I am testing several different methods of damping and springing the front suspension before the release of the kit. Whatever I find to be the best solution, that is easiest to use and performs the best, that's when we will show you the final production closeup of the front end. Geometry testing is almost over and now I am just left to perfect the way we dampen in, but I am leaning towards spring on the arm and only fluid on tube. Sway or not? I still am not sure. I have to get the correct rate springs to really make a decision on it. What I can say is the bar will at least be offered as an option.