Thread: Tamiya TB Evo 6
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 03:25 PM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starefly
Hello,

Received my exo6 kit, very nice kit! Finish and fittings are great.

Anyway, noticed 3 points that surprised me:
- An additional 6x10x3 bearing is needed for rear diff, maybe I missed that, but I didn't see it written down...
- I noticed that Exo6 upper deck diff holes pitch is a bit smaller than tamiya one (check pic attached, about 1.75mm)?? shorter lower deck ? Didn't' check that... I don't care, it can be installed without stressing the chassis, so no problem with that!
- Cannot fit tamiya 66T spur gear as gear is slightly hitting lower deck slot (gear not centred with the slot)- not no go for this point - but major point is that I cannot install upper deck due to gear diameter..... running 6.5T motor so don't need smaller spur gear... Will have to machine one deck myself...

Once the upper deck point fixed, let's try it.

Cheers
Hi,

The Exotek top plate is not designed to swap with the stock top plate. We have moved the gearboxes slightly to improve dog bone angles and grip.

The EXO-SIX is designed for spec and stock class racing as is noted. To use the chassis in modified classes is too extreme and difficult to drive as with any inline drive shaft car. For modified racing the Tamiya Belt cars are much more superior than a shaft drive design.

Best,

Mike