R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Sorcerer001
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BryceVR
Still no local stock.
Now, it is over 12 weeks with a broken car.
Good on you, great customer service. "NOT"
I ordered other parts for some of my other cars from my local distributor and he was prompt and reasonable. So I don't think I can lay the blame on him.
I can only say the it's an SP problem. I get stuff in 10-20 days from the US with cheap shipping so, it's not a shipping issue.
I just want to drive my car, is that such a big ask.
This is the primary reason I sold my SP1 - I had to swindle the owner of our local track to order a bunch of replacement SP parts just to get the one or two pieces I needed. Parts were always out of stock at all the normal online shops, including SP's site. When I could find parts, I'd end up having to buy from three different sellers to get my hands on a few dollars in parts - and pay more in shipping. I blame myself, really. I've been in the hobby most of my life, and go through phases where I like to run something different than the norm. Partly because I hope to find that "golden ticket" that has an edge over the competition, but mostly because I like having something different than everyone else. This burns me nearly 100% of the time, due in part to lack of parts support, and also lack of setup support. I'm 41 this year - I think I'm finally getting it. I was hoping to make Speed Passion a fixture at the local track. Only two of us ran the F1, but was managed to rope a bunch of drivers in to buying the LM1. Getting parts is obviously an issue for those, as well, so I predict the class will burn out soon, unless Speed Passion ups their game.