R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BiLL77
Size matters not the price last year i ran the Tekin Rs between the motor and battery with the pack inline, I'd like to keep the same basic setup the car was really hooked up on that track. I wonder if the gen 1 Rs would do the job with an 8.5 motor.
Size wise,

The Tekin Rs series is probably your best bet for its small size and it's pretty light too. The gen1 Rs should run a 8.5 with little heat issues, unless you're boosting it to the moon. Only down side for the Rs line is the lack of a fan for the ESC, but you probably shouldn't have an overheating issue if you keep,the ESC settings more on the conservative side and don't get all crazy with it.

I only mentioned the price because it does matter to some and could be something that affects the end users decision of which to buy.

Outside of the Rs series from Tekin, I think most all the other ESC's out have a similar footprint, so if one will fit in the space you have, it's likely the others would as well. I had my Orion setup between the motor and battery for a while and it does fit, but it's tight for sure (I even had the fan mounted on it for a while too).

There's no lack of ESC choices right now, that's for sure.