R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 09-15-2015, 05:29 AM
Taylorm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
I have been toying with a pulley and toothed belt setup for my BD right now. And I have made some adapters ala' Assocista to run current wheels, they just need to be finish TIG welded.

I know what you are saying with the gear diff, when you run a heavier weight silicone it does not "diff" enough to warm up and be consistent, then when you add the medium to light weight the different warms up and loses consistency. I wonder if the RPM at which the diff spins and it's centrifugal force is impacting the diff and it's operation.

I just try and maintain the ball different the best I can, I polish the ring groves in the different rings periodically with valve lapping compound, and I get new replacement balls via SKF.
i also machined rear adapters from r my RC300.. I can now run modern rims... Still need to make front adapters...would love to see photos / drawings of your drivetrain ideas...The season is almost over..i want the get my 300 running next year in a manner competitive with the modern cars...ie plastic fantastic....