R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 09-13-2015, 10:06 AM
Fasttrak
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cridd
I have a few b5 3 gear diffs. On one of them I can't get the diff screw tight enough so that the one tire spins one revolution or less. After it bottoms out and feels normal I spin one wheel and it spins much more then the other two cars. I pulled it out and put in a all new diff, new screw, spring and thrust and have same issue. It feels fine on the track but does not put me in my happy place when it is on the bench and I spin it and then spin the others. I cant spin one tire when holding spur and other tire so that tells me it is fine....is it just a free spinning car and let it be or should I look at anything else.

All you can do is compare that all the new parts you just rebuilt the diff with are of the same exact size and length as the ones they replaced. No other parts replaced at the same time? Out drives or the washers that go on them are same parts or at least the same measurements? Did the diff get broken in all the way and the balls are not just sliding on the polished rings? Did you replace everything on the thrust bearing side and not leave something out?

About all I can think of..