R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tools!
Thread: Tools!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Akaron
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by eR1c
Do you mean a "setup board" or a "setup station". If a setup board, I'd recommend having a piece of 1/2" flat PVC plastic cut for you. We have "Tap Plastics" near us, ...they'll cut plastic to any size/shape and offer in various types of plastic and color. I opted for the PVC type of plastic as its cheap and perfectly flat. 1/2" is about as thin as you'll want to go otherwise the sheet may not be as rigid. I was able to get a piece cut for less than $20, -I just lay it down on my table when I want to set ride height/camber, etc... The ones from the various manufacturers are all pretty much the same in my opinion, just different graphics/colors. Some have mark lines yet not sure how necessary this is. Just be sure if you do have a sheet cut that you get it cut w/ at least 2-4" on each side of your car ...I like to be able to roll my car back and forth slightly to get more accurate measurements at different places on the tires.
I mean board. What about the muchmore leds one? I do not think it is as useful as expensive, but hey, it looks awesome!