R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 12:08 AM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
I have tried both and didn't see much change.

Here is a setup from 2 weeks ago. It is how I started running that night. Changes were minimal from there - just some toe/camber.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5X...ew?usp=sharing

Last night I went to a hard center spring while maintaining the basic ride height/droop listed and I didn't see a huge difference. I picked up some low speed steering but not much else.

Attached is a weight comparison between the Roche and the SpeedMerchant (all with everything but the body). The top set of numbers is with the ESC moved forward up to just behind the receiver.
How much front droop are you running?

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
For what it's worth my SM is my transverse car and it feels great. My Roche is the car that pushes at high speeds and on power in general. What makes it even harder to tune is the fact that it goes from high speed understeer to low speed oversteer. If I fix the high speed the low becomes snap.
Sounds like in trying to correct the high speed push you've over compensated the front so that when at lower speeds you have a lot of over steer. Maybe too much steering throw or too soft in the front end trying to compensate for the lack of high speed steering.