R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Carcar
Thread: Carcar
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Karter44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yup, that pretty much sums it up -at least in how I think it's perceived.

And since Carcar has been the place for more serious racers, I have tended to respect that they don't necessarily want kids in their way. I can appreciate that the club, as an organization, wants to appeal to all -including kids, but unless there is a way to let the adult racers race in peace and have kids at the same time (i.e. have a kids class), I don't see how that can happen.

Again, I'm not saying that there should be a kids class at Carcar -Karz does this quite well- but if there was I would certainly try and get out there with Alex whenever possible (AND do Karz).

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Okay, other than running the website, I'm not all that involved with Karz anymore, but I'm sure my opinion will still seem biased to many. That's your deal, not mine. The fact is we've got two clubs in the city. One that caters to racers and the other to racers. there's a difference and that difference can work to our advantage.

Guys with kids who can't stay out late: You have an option and you've all said that it works for you and your kids due to schedule, racing style and the ability to interact with other kids. That's great. It's in place, ready to go.

Serious racers: We have an awesome club for "grown ups" where we can stay out late, race fast cars and blow off steam. On top of that, there are two wide open practice nights every week. I can't imagine a better situation, save for having my own home track.

Both clubs have their strengths and weaknesses. Why don't we just stick to our strengths and not sweat the other stuff? Karz and Carcar both had off years for whatever reason. There's no reason they both can't thrive again like they did a few years ago.