R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Carcar
Thread: Carcar
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 09:24 AM
stulec52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Okay, other than running the website, I'm not all that involved with Karz anymore, but I'm sure my opinion will still seem biased to many. That's your deal, not mine. The fact is we've got two clubs in the city. One that caters to racers and the other to racers. there's a difference and that difference can work to our advantage.

Guys with kids who can't stay out late: You have an option and you've all said that it works for your kids due to schedule, racing style and the ability to interact with other kids. That's great. It's in place, ready to go.

Serious racers: We've for an awesome club for "grown ups" where we can stay out late, race fast cars and blow off steam. On top of that, there are two wide open practice nights every week. I can't imagine a better situation, save for having my own home track.

Both clubs have there strengths and weaknesses. Why don't we just stick to our strengths and not sweat the other stuff? Karz and Carcar both had off years for whatever reason. There's no reason they both can't thrive again like they did a few years ago.
Jim,
It was just a part of the discussion at CARCAR as to how to increase overall attendances.
Looking after new folks be they kids, or adults, just seems like a good way to get those new folks to stay once you get them in the door.
We also talked about how to get folks in the door in the first place.

I can see how CARCAR loses not only the kid racer, but the parent as well.
But all just part of a good discussion.