R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 10:31 PM
jake alton
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS1969
I've been running the YZ-2 in mod for awhile now and run on a track that is low to low/medium bite at best. As mentioned in my previous posts the YZ-2 out of the box has way more front end weight and less rear weight than most other cars. I also believe the front end is very strong on this car as I built a YZ-2 with Bmax-2 transmission and it still has very good steering even if it has 2% more rear weight than my YZ-2. After spending 2 weeks testing the YZ-2 and the YZmax I've come to the conclusion that the way I have my YZ-2 setup it's every bit as good if not better than the YZmax.

I run M4 Electrons at my local track and it's hard packed clay that is mostly dry so traction is not the best.

I've put my setup in 2 pictures as the PDF file was a bit to big and some pictures of the brass parts I use and my car.

The key things on my setup are the B-max4iii rear arms as these give a bit more rear bite.

MIP pucks I feel these improve forward bit and keep the rear end working the same all the time.

Inside hole on the rear arms. This helps stability/traction in my opinion.

Front end is also adjusted to make it less aggressive.

The results is a car that still has very good steering and much more stable and easier to drive. In fact I'm so confident in the YZ-2 the way I have it setup that I'm building the YZmax back into a YZ-2.

I know many want to try the Bmax-2 transmission but I feel there is no need to if you give my setup and parts I use a try. The brass parts will be available around the 15th of September from SMC and are on pre-order now.

The brass front rear pivot weighs 68.8gr and the brass part that replaces the L brace in front of the motor weighs 34.1gr.
What is the overall weight of the car with all the brass added?