R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Manticore
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: V-1-RR

Originally posted by racer rich

Manitcore- Maybe you can recommend me an online mail order shop in Hong Kong too. I will be purchasing a V-OneRR soon and some parts for it, so I need a good and reputable shop to order from.

What do you think of rcmodel.com.hk ? What do you think of the Hong Kong Radio Control Centre ? Have you ever dealt with these shops before or know anyone who has?

Also, I have a question about the Kyosho V-One RR 3D Centax Clutch and how it compares to the Kawahara Micro SS Centax Clutch.

How does the 3D Centax Clutch compare to the Kawahara Micro SS Centax Clutch? Which clutch will give the lowest mounted engine for best possible CG? Which clutch uses the smallest engine mounts (lowest in height) and the smallest diameter flywheel?

Which clutch has the widest range of adjustments and "holds" its settings best? I read on here that the Mugen Centax Clutch has a wider range of adjustments than the Kawahara Centax Clutch. How does the Kyosho V-One RR 3D Clutch compare to the Mugen Centax Clutch?

Also, I think think the Kawahara is a "4-shoe" Centax Clutch. Is the Kyosho 3D Clutch a "4-shoe" Centax clutch as well? I think the 3D centax clutch is a "3-shoe" clutch design. Is a "4-shoe" centax clutch design better than a "3-shoe" cenax clutch design?

Which clutch weighs lighter? Which clutch weighs heavier?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. I was thinking of purchasing the Kawahara Centax Clutch for my Reflex, but since the V-One RR comes with a Centax Clutch I think it may not be needed. But if the Kawahara unit is a better design and yields better performance then I might have to look into purchasing the Kawahara Clutch.

Thanks in advance!
the hk online shops are different from those in US. they dont keep stock but actually act as a middle man. mark up and sell with high shipping cost.

I recommend Harmony or Jet. Harmony is not a virtual shop so it actually keeps stock of lots of different products. Jet is an importer and they only keep some of the products which they only imports. you can go to www.jethobby.com and check it out.

as i said, I will post Harmony web address later on.

I have both SS clutch for V1RR and MTX2 but I havent tested them yet.

as for 3 flyweight Vs 4 flyweight. I prefer 4 pcs i.e. both my V1RR and MTX2 have Mugen centax clutch on it.

I didnt mean the Kyosho 3D clutch is not good but not as good as Mugen clutch. besides. parts for Mugen clutch is much cheaper.