R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Laguna Bozo
Tech Adept

Hi Orlando,
First, congratulations. You drove a perfectly tuned car perfectly. You are the man... and a darned nice man too. Hey, we wear the same flip-flops, maybe something good will rub off.
Second, since you seem to be in such a talkative mood these days, can you help this traction-rolling old fool in the M03 you lapped several times over the weekend. Late in the 2nd Main you caught me just coming onto the straight (I started 6th, so that's how much track you gained). I gave you the inside and we drag-raced to the sweeper. Our cars were virtually dead heat. You didn't win because your car was faster, but when we hit the sweeper, you were gone. If I tried your line, I was in for a roll. Coming out of the sweeper, if I wasn't super careful with car placement, and full throttle, I was in for a roll. Ditto the inner right-hander. By the time I got to the top of the track, I was so unsure of which way it might roll, I had to pussy-foot my way thru looking like an old dope.
For next year I'm going to M05. Your black-on-black pictures only show some basics. What do you do with your shocks, so I won't have a repeat of this year?

Grandpa,
I know you've given away your cars and stuff, but please, if you can, come by the track and hang out for awhile. We really miss you!

Craig