R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 04:25 PM
MelKF2
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Tomorrow morning will be the first time I have ever run there so I'm really not sure how it will work. This race is really more of an experiment for me to see if I can tune the car to be competitive on that type of surface. I hear that most people run mid-motor cars. If that had not been the case I would be taking a rear motor car.

To start with, the only things I am going to do differently from the last setup I posted for medium grip clay will be to drop down to 300/350 cSt oils (R/F) and go with the 1.6mm 3-hole pistons up front and also go up to 24mm ride height. I'll start with the front shock mounts at the tower all the way out and work my way back in until the car starts to get loose on corner entry. Tires are identical to what everyone ran at the Euros (Holeshots/4-rib).
Hey Matt nice ride and paint Ford man myself! MM chassis on B.O. so I haven't ran it yet,but I have been running the low grip with some changes from you and others on setups! Buggy run's like a dream. Car scaled out at 1503 grs. Race trim! Can't wait to get MM Kit. Good luck this weekend my friend!