R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread
Old 08-23-2015, 09:33 AM
shagino
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Sorry. Thanks. Answers below.

Originally Posted by Flyinggekko
Ok I will try to explain my problems again (english is not my native language )

1. problem: There are two holes on the front wishbones for mounting the balljoints of the dampers. But the balljoints are to large to use the outer holes.

Take a file to the arm so you can use the outer lower shock position.

2. problem: There are two holes for mounting the balljoints on the front c-hubs. But when I'm using the outer hole, the pivotball is touching the outer wheel during hard cornering. Even when I'm using the inner hole, I've to use another pivotball without the hexagonal head.

I'm using the outer hole too. I can see how it could rub a little but it's not much for me. Make sure you don't have any shims and that the C-Hubs aren't reversed.

And I've a third question:What's the weight of the brass-ballast which is mounted under the motor. This peace of weight costs about 50€ in Austria and I'm to greedy to buy it.

33.8g. That was a good suggestion in the previous post.

And last but not least: Has anybody here already used the sc-chubs for simulating straight wishbones and can explain the effects? Is Serpent planing to offer real straight wishbones?

A lot of folks swear by it. I personally have not tried it.

I've already thought about using the slide-drive, but it is pretty expensive and I will wait until next year, when I'm building a new srx2 mm. The problem is, that my local track is build out of mixture of clay and concrete. The load was already to high for the plastic gears, but since I'm using the metal ones, the outdrives and driveshafts get sharpened very hard.

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings

Stephan