R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 08-20-2015, 02:28 PM
fathead
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WesRaven
Hey guys, I'm looking to get some more mid-corner steering out of my car at my local asphalt track, and I'm curious what areas you would try adjusting to accomplish this. My initial turn-in is fantastic, I have no issues keeping the rear end where it should be, and my exit speed is explosive... but it feels like I have more understeer than I would like in the middle of the corner. I was considering trying to swap the spool with a diff to see what that does. I'm going to have a solid day to practice and tweak things this Saturday, any suggestions?

For what it's worth, I'm running 17.5 blinky.
I'm not sure if the Aweso has the steering arms on top or bottom on the hub, if its on the bottom you can put a small (0.5mm) shim on it to lower the outer ball which will change the bumpsteer a little and will give you a little bit extra mid corner steering, will take away a tiny bit of exit steering though, it's a very useful little adjustment I used to use on the TC4