R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 10:24 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
You're way to deep man..thinking way too much. What's the ratings on the white series? Rears up front? I watched Travis Amezcua at Crcrc winter champ race in January... Nice guy if you have a chance to meet him. His car was insane...he shared his set up with me. I tweaked a few things and it's amazing on medium to high bite. No funky setup stuff... Only thing I switched to the CF chassis for wt.... But the added flex = traction. Plus if you're back end is loose check the diff....ball diff anything other than the stock one....b-fast is best. Been running this car for year, actually raced on the team for a year until kids.... Its very confusing when you make this car seem so difficult..especially for those making a decision on a purchase.
My buddy and his son have been to two or three races in the last few months where Amezcua was racing the Dingo and he said he is very fast but the car he saw isn't very stock. He also like you said he is a very nice guy and was a pleasure to talk with.

I'm thinking of picking up a V2 buggy as I still have two of the originals but like the updates they have done on the Durango as honestly my biggest bitch was it was far more time consuming of a car to work on than any other brand I have run in the last few years, well the back end was. On a good note I never broke a part in the year I raced it and then my buddy as a bigger ran the 2nd year on my car in stock buggy and while learning he only ever broke a ball cup. I did switch him to the gear diff but that was intentional and in stock worked great for him. Now I'm thinking of picking up a new one since I work at a hobby shop I can order parts when ever I need them. Will still keep my B5m as it is dialed but if get a Durango and get a setup that works as good as my B5 I would have no problems selling it and just having the Dingo.