R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - On-Road Tracks in VA, NC, MD
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 03:46 AM
tekrsq
Tech Addict

In Richmond we have 2 parking lot tracks. One run at The Hobby Corner in the 360 West shopping center. That track is run by our club VORRA www.vorra.org . We just got the website up and still working on it, but it gives directions, contact info, and track info. We do have a lap counting system (it's old but works & we're working on getting an amb system for next year) run just about every class: nitro cars & trucks, electric cars & trucks, and even have an off-road class we put the t-maxxs and monster blazers in.

The other is run by K & W Hobbies is the city's East End. I don't have any info on that track because I don't run there.

We also run at a parking lot track in Doswell across from Kings Dominion. This track is run by an 1/8 scale club SARA www.members.aol.com/sara1996va , but they run 1/10 nitro cars as well. They also have a lap counting sytem.

In Dumfries, you have Brown Brothers www.bbhobbies.com . They have a permanent asphalt track as well as a permanent dirt track. The onroad track is tight and fairly technical, but very nice to run on and they use an amb system.

In NoVa, you have a parking lot track in Chantilly and Rider's Hobbies in Sterling. Both have lap counting sytems, but I don't think they are an amb system. But they work though.