R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 12:51 PM
vafactor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF
Ya in the instructions it says you can add more or thicker shims for taller tires, but I dont like the way it fit and its hard as hell to get all six installed. I dont mind cutting the tires down to a proper height. I really would rather have the front end plate or graphite u-piece bolted directly to the chassis. I will order the 4261 shim set. There is also a roll center set that I might get while I'm at it.
The WC car tends to have a lot of natural steering, which is a very good thing. But for some conditions it can be beneficial to add the graphite roll center spacers (raise the caster blocks). Doing so takes a some of the natural agression out of the car and makes it a little more mellow to drive.

About your servo, it appears to be a bit big and heavy for using in the front mounted position. I suggest that you may like the car's handling better with the servo mounted behind the tierods. For sure, my car (with a futaba 9650, which is about the same size and bulk as yours) feels better with the servo positioned behind the tierods. No worries though, one servo mount along with some good strong servo tape (or shoo goo) will hold the servo in place just fine.

One last suggestion.....in the photos it appears that your motor wires are quite large and certainly bigger and stiffer than is preferred. For a sweet handing 1/12th scale car, it is critical that nothing binds up the rear pod, and thick stiff motor wires will almost always do that. Even if you don't want switch to thinner wires (TQ 16ga is kinda the 1/12th scale wire of choice), you certainly don't want to wire tie the motor wires together. Doing so exaggerates their stiffness and magnifies their combined effect on the pod's free motion.