R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Newest Crawler Car in Gearbest (HG p402)
Old 08-17-2015, 01:17 AM
drracer
Tech Rookie

The bodywork is not tightly mounted on the chassis, so it rattles in some conditions. This is a normal behaviour of many other RC cars of this class. One get's used to it, it's not a noise representing a problem .

On the first gear, the car runs at approx. 6 km/h at full throttle. The second gear is about two times faster. After a few hundred meters the gears got significantly more silent and softer. The car does not hold still on a steep hill very much any more .

When we returned from our first test drive, a family drove by on bicycles. The children liked the P402 very much, they would certainly welcome it as a Christmas or birthday gift. I'd recommend that .

The P402 handles off-road terrain nicely. If one cares just a little bit about the drive and enjoys the capabilities of the 4x4, the drive is very nice and entertaining and one does not need to worry about any damage to the car. Of course, long jumps and hard driving won't do any good to the chassis and can possibly damage it. So far it has not yet happened, but I'm not into trying it .

Conclusion

I must say I fell in love with the car after a few test runs. It goes well, common obstacles on the road with can be crossed with ease, a branch or a stone does not matter, unless you want to enjoy a realistic drive through terrain obstacles. It is also a fast race car, built in such a way that a few scratches and somersaults should not matter. That's something I like the most about this car - its variability. The car is able to provide both - unbridled fun - blazing fast "flight" through terrain, as well as slow and realistic (almost scale-model) off-road driving experience. And it even looks surprisingly quite good.

I think the P402 can be a great companion on the beach, forest or any other trip you might think of. And even when the battery is dead, the P402 is quite a light vehicle to carry .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P8060389.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1311857   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8060508.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1311858   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8060511.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	140.0 KB