R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 08-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Cpt.America
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdutch03
Everything was set to zero like normal when I installed the horn. The transmitter is MT 4S and a savox servo. I redid the steering last night and made sure it was right. I took off the horn and connected a battery to the esc to ensure it was centered, checked turnbuckle lengths and set them back to book stock and then connected the horn and found the same problem. The only was I could fix it was set the steering trim to almost 50 to the left. So I hope this fixes it. Wildcat1971 yes I am close to you and do race at SRS sometimes, but I mainly race in Prescott for the time being but will be going back to SRS a lot more.
You need to run a longer servo horn turnbuckle. The stock length one that comes with the kit doesn't work for all servos.

With my Futaba BLS351, The horn can't go straight up and down. It can either go slightly off to the left, or slightly off to the right, with the servo subtrim set to 0. Each position gives me an issue.... I have to set my sub trim to 40ish left or right (depending on which spline I chose), I end up with an EPA of something like 120 one way, and 100 the other. The problem is that 120 side, I am not getting full throw where I want. The other direction is fine.

The fix, is I needed a servo horn turn buckle that was a couple MM longer. I then chose the spline more off to the passenger side, and now I get full throw, sub trim is about 10, and I get full throw left and right.