R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is rear motor dead?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 06:27 PM
ray_munday
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fast Little Car
I'm not trying to say you're wrong, but I certainly do not agree with that assessment at all.

In my opinion, the MM's ability to accelerate in a straight line is a major plus over the RM platform.
It all depends on which part of acceleration. From a standing start on a loose track, Ive never seen an MM car put the initial power down better than RM. But if you are exiting a corner and trying to get on power, a rear biased MM car will have less exit oversteer and put the power down straighter.

I think a lot of different experiences on this thread are from the definition of low and high grip. What some consider low, others will consider high. What some consider flowing, others consider tight.

When we first went to MM a few years ago, I was skeptical about the performance in lower grip but was really surprised at the lap times. The B4.2 was an awesome buggy that was optimised to within an inch of its life, and I loved driving it, yet immediately the MM conversion was faster on tracks I wasnt expecting it to work at.

This is a short video from my local track showing the variation in track conditions within a day. We start on flip outs and end up on pins. We often start with brass rear blocks but take them off as the grip comes up. (Please ignore the commentary!!).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT-cRi4m5g

Ray