R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 11:32 AM
MelKF2
Tech Regular

Default Yankee Edition

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Yeah, I am hoping Schumacher will come up with a way to sell the car in a configuration that is optimized for track surfaces like we run here in the States. Call it the KF2 "Yankee Edition"
  • MM parts
  • MM Shell
  • Ball diff
  • CVDs
  • u4616 aluminum upper trans for rear mounted shocks or a molded piece that permits rear mount
  • Updated manual with base setup similar to what they published for Michal's Euros car

This all comes to about $650 by my calculations using DRC's prices. You end up with an extra shell but otherwise you have a car that can be configured to run extremely well in just about any situation you'll encounter. But most people probably race at one particular place most often and will likely find most of the other parts redundant.

If they could get the MM optimized configuration in the upper 300's just like it is now I think they could start moving a lot of kits here. The B5M Factory Lite @ $279 is a fantastic car right out of the box so the competition is very tough and they will need to have some marketing angle that justifies the extra cost.
I agree 😁