R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turtlex
Thank you Guys. When I was asking for setups I was asking for starting point. I know there is no perfect setup(I should have clarified). What seems to be the common range of shock oils people use so I know what to buy to keep on hand for tuning. And this will be my first time with the scte platform any general tips needed for this truck?
I have seen oil as low as 20 and as high as 45. You generally won't see any more or less on the SCTE. 27.5 wt is what the 2.0 gives you in the box stock setup on four corners. The stock diff oils are 3k rear and 5k center and front.
I personally run pretty aggressive, so I found that 5k center was causing me to balloon the front tires to much on a loose track and found a better medium in 7k.
And I didn't mean any offence by what I said about tuning, it's just far to often that people jump to setup sheets instead of finding a tune from the start.
"fredswain" on this forum has some pretty useful advice to explain some of the processes I personally use as well. Look him up and you'll see what I mean about starting from scratch to get your ride handling right for you and your track.