R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pocket Pit lap timer
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 10:09 AM
TOM MAR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by filippimini
It doesn't look anywhere near as simple as the iPhone compatible pit pocket. However, if it is cheaper it would be a good option. Any idea on price?
Originally Posted by Skiddins
It better be cheaper, because looking at it's specs, it isn't as good

It even mentions a 'Wireless audio transmitter', then later on in the FAQ tells us they aren't making that part lol
So the box sits beside the track and you have to look at it after, that's nowhere near as good as having it read out on your own phone
I doubt the Zeppin will cost less, someone else made one similar a few years ago. It was never really popular until after production was stopped.

I cannot find any real specs on the Pit Pocket other than one ir in the output unit verses 2 in the Zeppin.

If you do not have the required Iphone or Ipad then I would think the Zeppin would be the counter of choice. Likewise I think the Pit Pocket would be a better choice if you have the required apple product.

Having to buy the wireless audio trans. is a big turn off for me. But it is also just an option not required.

I do not have the Iphone or Ipad required so for now If I get one of them I only have one choice. After Zeppin releases the price I will decide.

99 pounds on the UK site for the Pit Pocket is going to be hard to beat, I might have to upgrade my phone