R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura XI Sport
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 04:16 AM
(0000000000)
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Rod. SAK-U113 is the aluminim steeri system you are looking for.

The steel turnbuckles in the kit are fine. If you decide to pink them up, that's totally up to you.

The aluminum toe blocks from the zero have been known to work. But i decided to use the individual toe blocks for the FR and RF - essentially replacing the plastic o with metal ones. Having an aluminum brace across a big gaping hole where the diffs are, just seemed to look tacky.

The Zero swaybars will work. The mounting of the front swaybar will be a little different, but you'll likely have the parts to make it work. You will need 1.5 mm screws though.

The shock springs of the zero work just fine. You will be limited on how much droop/downstrops , use, but it will all be within normal operating parameters anyways.

I still use the same oil in the back diff.

The box stock setup works. Will it work for you? Hard to say. I know you like to tinker. And I know that if you get a Sakura Xi Sport, it will not be box stock for very long....

My setup works for me and the conditions we typically encounter in Canada indoor tracks. Hopefully it works for others too. There is no Sakura factory team out there, entering the ROAR championships and posting setups. So anything we fellow racers can do to help each other would be advantageous.